Instrumental Music Program
The Instrumental Music Program (IMP) is an extensive, thorough and popular co-curricular program. All lessons occur weekly and there is a system in place to minimise disruptions to the students’ academic timetable. The program is available to students from year five through to year twelve and offers professional tuition on all brass, woodwind and percussion instruments. All ability levels from the complete beginner to the extensively trained students are catered for and welcomed into the Instrumental Music Program.
Advantages of joining the program
- A structured musical environment where students learn the technical and theoretical aspects of learning a musical instrument.
- Enjoyment for those participating in an activity that will develop musicality, persistence, commitment and dedication.
- Self-expression and self-discipline.
- Positive self-esteem and team-building skills.
- Scaffolded modules leading into 3 pathways including ATAR studies, general music and an Authority Endorsed Ensemble Program.
Learning to play an instrument creates countless possibilities for music students. Opportunities are available at Geraldton Grammar School for IMP students to participate in a number of ensembles including the specialised Concert Band, Rock Band, Woodwind and Brass Ensembles and Choir. Students who are enrolled may be expected to become members of at least one of the school’s ensembles as they build their skills.